RuPaul's Drag Race Season 10 Promo Looks Ranked!

By Antonio Rocha - March 19, 2018


     With RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 3 over, I can't wait for season 10 to start! The official cast promo shoot for season 10 was weeks ago, but I never had the time to analyze each of the queen's looks until now! It's time to rank each look.


#1: Monét X Change


     Monét X Change had the best, most well-rounded promo look of the entire cast. The simplicity of the two, single bright shades of orange and blue works because they compliment each other very well. I also love how perfectly the latex body-suit fits her body shape and how the zipped-up leg covers add some extra shape and texture. Plus, they tie in the heels, which I love because they match the covers perfectly. And my favorite part of this look is the blue lipstick and slicked back hair. They definitely help complete the entire look and give it a sense of futurism.


#2: Aquaria


     I knew, since before her promo look was released, that Aquaria was going to serve LOOKS. The first thing that came to my mind when I saw this was Gambit from the X-Men. I love the fact that her nails match her black, latex gloves that work with the pink jacket. And although her mini pencil skirt and crop top are super simple, I like it. I love that she detailed the skirt, and her neck, with her name in bold letters. In fact, they tie in the pink heels because of the chains on them. And I also love that hair. It's not too big, it's not too short or long, and it's very edgy.


#3: Miz Cracker


     When I saw Miz Cracker's promo look, it read Miz Cracker all over it. This dress is very reminiscent of a previous dress she's worn, which I didn't necessarily like; however, it is really cool that she took a silhouette she's known in and made it fit the theme of the season. The dress is simple and there is not a lot of colors, but that is why it works. I love the blue and pink color palette and how the bow cinches the waist and ties (literally) the entire look together. I also like the gloves and the huge, Miz Cracker hair!


#4: Kameron Michaels


     With one look at Kameron Michael's promo look, I fell in love with her! This look was one of my favorites because it's giving me slutty school-girl realness! I love the orange latex dress combined with the yellow fur jacket. And I like how the above the knee socks match the jacket while the cuffs on the jacket match the choker! The only thing about this look that I did not completely like was the heels. I wish that either you could not see the socks through the heel and the lace up, or that it was a regular heel with no lace up. 


#5: Yuhua Hamasaki


     Rounding up the top 5 is Yuhua Hamasaki! Yuhua's look was not my favorite overall, but her look was more polished and to the theme than most of the girls. I like the neon green swimsuit with the flowing cape at the waist. I also like the detail the stripes add around the waist, the chest, and shoulders.  I also like those platform shoes! They match the swimsuit and have a transparent platform. What I don't really like are the lack of neon colors and the black hair. I wish there was a complimentary neon color in the dress and that the hair at least incorporated neon colors somewhere. 


#6: Eureka O'Hara


     Eureka was the only queen we were all expecting since her departure in season 9! I was so happy to see her, however, I was worried she would come out with the same old loaf of hair on her head... which was exactly what she did. I wanted Eureka to change up her hair into anything else, really. Besides that, I think her promo look was good. I like pencil skirt and silver chest plate. And I like that she used black in her look; however, I think she used too much. The theme was neon, but I'm not getting enough neon from this look besides the skirt, cuffs, earrings, and highlights in her hair. Overall, it is still a good look!


#7: Monique Heart


     Monique Heart was one of the queen's whose look I loved right off the bat, at first! I love the matching fur jacket and skirt. I think the white and baby blue color combo is good, and the look itself is really cute. And I love the huge, swooping hair! What I don't like, though, is almost everything else. The yellow tank top is too simple. The necklace is just a zipper! And the heels are not tall enough for my taste or the right color. Maybe if she wore a more detailed top, an actual necklace, and different heels, I would or ranked Monique higher.


#8: Vanessa Vanjie Mateo


     Get des cookies! Vanessa Vanjie's look was so cute but also very "bad bitch" at the same time. I LOVE the vinyl overall dress!  In fact, I designed one of my college finals after it! I thought this dress made Vanessa stand out because of how unique it is. What didn't make her stand out was pretty much everything else. I don't mind the black hair or heels, but I would of like for the hair to either be bigger or longer or both! I really don't care for the necklaces or the bracelets. I would have liked less, but shiny, jewelry. I also feel on the fence about the undergarment she's wearing. I think it looks good with the dress, but since the dress is translucent, I think she could have worn lingerie underneath to make them look way more interesting! 


#9:  Blair St. Clair


     Next is the adorable Blair St. Clair! I love Blair and I think she might be the Miss Congeniality of the season, but what I don't like is her promo look dress! The dress she wore is not ugly, but it does not look well done. I really don't like the zippers going up the dress and I don't like the choice of fabric either. I think the waist belt, choker, and bracelets are cool because they match, but I don't like that they look cheap. Besides that, I like the color combination, the hair, the makeup, and the heels! She ranked low solely because of the dress and jewelry!


#10: Asia O' Hara


     Rounding up my top ten looks is Asia O'Hara! I HAVE to start off by pointing out how bad that hair is! I have no idea what she was thinking or if she was given that wig, but it is unacceptable considering she's a renowned pageant queen! I also don't necessarily like the skin-tight jumpsuit she's wearing. I think the tye-dye design is unique and the colors are great, but I don't understand the branch design on the upper hip. It throws me off and doesn't seem like it belongs on the look. As for the orange heels and earrings, I like them and the fact that they match!


#11: The Vixen


     It's The Vixen! I feel slightly disappointed by this look because I know The Vixen can turn out looks ever since I saw her in Shea Coulee's "Cocky." This look is too simple. The leopard print is overused and the tied fabric at the waist seems unfitting and more like an afterthought. However, I do like the color combination. Plus, The Vixen's heels seem to be one of the only to perfectly match the outfit's color combination. I'm also happy with the hair! I would have liked for The Vixen to not have used the leopard print and had worn a bodysuit that was more detailed and colorful.


#12: Dusty Ray Bottoms


     At number 12 is Dusty Ray Bottoms. I'm weary to rank Dusty so low considering so many people seem to like her promo look, but I feel different! I don't really like her promo look because I think it is too much and it does not work as a whole. In fact, she's wearing a choker, a bra, a corset, high-waisted shorts, a jacket, and above the knee boots. That may not sound bad, but once you look at the colors, it does. Unlike the rest of the cast, Dusty's colors don't match. The pink are all different shades, the green is all different shades, and the blues are all different shades. On top of that, her wig has neon in it too but it does not match!



#13: Kalorie Karbdashian Williams


     Koming up next is Kalorie Karbdashian! I ranked Kalorie so low because of two things: lack of creativity and lack of unity. The overall look is far too basic. The hair isn't interesting and the dress is just fringe on top of fringe. The heels are cute but they cut her length because of the dress and her small height. And the colors don't match. The only things that remotely match are the pink fringe and earings. Overall, I know Kalorie could have done a much better job.


#14: Mayhem Miller


     At the bottom of the list is the amazing Mayhem Miller. Sadly, I had to rank Mayhem at the very bottom of the list because she simply did not serve a look. Not only is she wearing a basic dress with no interesting detail but a cape on the side, it has an award cut above the ankle. And that corset is just inexcusable. The corset is cut up into a section on the chest and a section on the waist, but they are tied together. That makes it seem awkward and even uncomfortable. And her hair is not big like the hair Mayhem is known for! Mayhem's look was, in my opinion, the worst. 




Disagree with my rankings? Let me know yours in the comment section!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments